I found a deal on the X10.com Website in which I could buy seven slimline wall switches for $20. They arrived today and I plan to install them this afternoon.
I’ve discovered one con to these devices – only the first button can be assigned to a specific House/Unit code. The other two are automatically increments of the address. For example, if the first button is assigned to A3 then the second button is A4 and the third is A5.
As a result, I’ll have to re-address most of my X10 modules to provide for certain switch configurations.
Update: I installed all of the new switches that night and they worked flawlessly. I ran into an issue where they appeared to not work later the next night, but it turned out to be a different problem, which I’ll cover in another post.