Even though I’m using mControl for home automation I re-installed ActiveHome Pro to tinker with accessing particular modules that are not yet supported by mControl. What I did not know was that during the re-install the X10 software updated the CM15A interface and changed the monitored house code. This effectively disabled all remotes in the house.

After figuring out the problem I tried to update the hardware interface but ActiveHome Pro kept crashing. I updated the software to the latest version, which added Windows 7 support. At that point I was then able to set the CM15A back to the previous configuration.

Category:
Home Automation, mControl, Projects

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: