Updated 05/25/2011: Save yourself time, money, and frustration by checking out my latest solution.

I discovered a simple fix for a problem with getting our DirecTV (HR20) receiver to pickup the signal from the DirecTV RF remote. It had been working great since I bought it and was fine until recently. Tonight I checked the batteries, which were good, so I went to the DVR and noticed that the antenna was leaning to the left slightly. I must have bumped it one night when fiddling with the new HDMI splitter.

I straightened the antenna and when I went back to the bedroom the remote worked perfectly again.

Update: This may not have been the real problem. I have an update in Part 2.

Category:
Hardware, HD TV, Projects, Tips

Join the conversation! 2 Comments

  1. […] guess my RF remote issue fix wasn’t all that simple. Lately we’ve been plagued with more remote issues when watching […]

    Reply
  2. […] guess my RF remote issue fix wasn’t all that simple. Lately we’ve been plagued with more remote issues when watching […]

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: